The Entertainment Committee of The Thames Club is pleased to offer a variety of special events throughout the year. Many of these events have become annual 'staples' of the Thames Club experience and provide the membership the opportunity to celebrate seasonal events while enjoying the ambiance of the century old Club House and the friendship of fellow members and their guests. Members of Clubs with whom the Thames Club has reciprocal agreements are always welcome at any of the events.
Examples of Club Events:
- "First Friday" Socials in the Pub Room
- Valentine's Day Brunch
- Mother's Day Brunch
- Kentucky Derby Cocktail Party
- Member Mixers
- Mardi Gras Party
- Member's Appreciation Brunch
- Thames Club Murder Mystery
- "An Evening of Exceptional Comfort"
- Family Easter Bunny Brunch
- Thames Club Road Rally
- Wine Tastings
- Santa Claus Holiday Party (separate events for children and adults)
- Scotch and Cigar Night
- Lamb Barbeque
- Summer Beach Party
- Pre-theater Dinner Specials
- Thanksgiving Extravaganza
- St. Patrick's Day "Pot of Gold" Party
- Greek Festival Night
- Professional Appreciation Brunch
Additionally, an active duck pin bowling schedule is in place on the two lanes in the lower portion of the Club from Fall through Spring each year in the form of both a Men's League and a Mixed-Doubles League. During this lengthy season both cocktails and a light meal are available in the Pub Room on most weeknights during the hours of 5:30 PM to 8 PM. Both members and guests from reciprocal clubs are welcome in the Pub during these periods. Contact Club Manager Paula Guido 860-443-5504 for further information.